Comprehensive Psychiatric Services in New Orleans, LA
When you’re not feeling well or you are having trouble regulating emotions and managing stress, you want to work with a mental health provider in New Orleans you can trust. Since 2014, our psychiatric practice has helped Louisiana patients find a healthy balance between all parts of their lives.
Psychiatric Evaluations in New Orleans
Crescent City Psychiatric in New Orleans offers comprehensive evaluations for a wide range of mental health conditions. We assess the patient’s most recent stressors, review past and current psychiatric symptoms, explore family history, review current medications and previous medication trials, review pertinent labs, provide education on stress management and psychotropic medications, discuss potential diagnoses and prognosis, and develop a treatment plan individualized to each patient’s specific needs through medication management or supportive and insight oriented therapy.
If you have anxiety, depression, PTSD, adult ADHD, or other mental health issues, you may benefit from psychotropic medication to alleviate symptoms and help you feel better. Crescent City Psychiatric in New Orleans provides medication management services to help you find the treatment that is right for you.
If you’re busy or can’t make it into our New Orleans, LA office for an in-person appointment, we offer telemedicine psychiatric services in the comfort of your home or office. With our telemedicine services, you can speak with your provider over video conference or phone.
Psychiatric Treatment Specialties in New Orleans, LA
Crescent City Psychiatric in New Orleans specializes in treatment for the following mental health conditions.
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Treatment
ADHD is a neurodevelopmental disorder marked by:
- Forgetting things frequently
- Difficulty resisting impulses
- Easily inpatient or restless
- Frequent daydreaming
- Taking unnecessary risks
- Making careless mistakes
- Talking excessively
- Squirming and fidgeting
- Difficulty with time management
- Difficulty with prioritization and organization
- Easily distracted with the task at hand
- Feeling overwhelmed with starting a task
- Difficulty with completing a task
Crescent City Psychiatric offers caring ADHD treatment services for children and adults in the New Orleans, LA, area.
Major Depression Treatment
Major depression is much more than simply feeling sad from time to time. People with major depression may experience symptoms such as:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or emptiness
- Agitation, anxiety, or restlessness
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Loss of interest in everyday activities
- Slowed speaking, thinking, and body movements
- Lack of energy and motivation
- Frequent thoughts of death
Major depression can affect every aspect of your life if it remains untreated. Talk to a provider at Crescent City Psychiatric to get help with your depression today.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment
PTSD doesn’t only affect veterans and active service members in the military. If you witnessed or experienced a distressing event, such as a serious accident or domestic violence, you are at risk of developing PTSD. Symptoms of this disorder include:
- Avoiding places, people, and activities that remind you of the event
- Nightmares about the event
- Emotional numbness
- Memory issues
- Feeling detached from friends and family
- Constantly watching for danger
If you recognize yourself in these symptoms, help is available from a caring provider at Crescent City Psychiatric in New Orleans.
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Treatment
OCD can be a debilitating disorder that may lead to a greatly decreased quality of life. If you have OCD, you may experience obsessions, compulsions, or both. Symptoms of obsession include:
- Unwanted thoughts that you can’t seem to control
- Avoiding situations that trigger your obsessions
- Thoughts of acting inappropriately in public
- Distress when things are not arranged in an orderly way
- Trouble tolerating uncertainty
- Fear of contamination
Symptoms of compulsions may include:
- Following a strict routine
- Arranging items to face the same way
- Repeatedly checking doors to make sure they’re locked
- Repeating a word or phrase
OCD symptoms can begin as early as childhood for some. If OCD symptoms affect your quality of life, contact Crescent City Psychiatric in New Orleans today.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Treatment
Generalized anxiety disorders are common but highly treatable. Anxiety sufferers may have symptoms such as irritability, restlessness, fatigue, trouble concentrating, and unexplained aches and pains. If these symptoms sound familiar, reach out to us for help.
Insomnia and Sleep Disorder Treatment
If you have insomnia or another sleep disorder, you may have trouble concentrating and experience higher stress levels during the day. Our New Orleans, LA practice is equipped to treat a variety of sleep disorders so you can feel like yourself again.